Psoriasis is reddening and the inflammation of the skin that is caused because of the rapid increase in the growth of the cells of the skin and the skin gets dry patches and the layer starts to thicken day by day. It is also non-contagious, meaning it does not spread from one person to the other person. The skin starts to get dry flakes. It is a very last-lasting disease that is really hard to overcome, you must take meditations to reduce the symptoms.
Causes for Psoriasis
There are various causes for psoriasis but we should always keep our skin clean and clean and prevent it from germs.
- Skin infections: These infections may be viral or streptococcal .The injuries on the skin or any cuts due to shave or too wear and tear of the skin.
- Stress: Many mental illnesses related to it cause psoriasis.
- Immunity: Having less immunity increases your chance of having psoriasis. So it is important to increase immunity levels. Hormonal imbalance or metabolic imbalances may also lead to psoriasis.
- Heredity: It might also be because of any family history person having psoriasis.
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases your chance of being prone to psoriasis.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
Here are listed the most common symptoms that a person might have while experiencing psoriasis.
- Dry cracking of the skin
- Patches on the skin that are mostly red in colour may also bleed sometimes.
- Thickening of the skin in the form of patches
- Itching of the skin
- Rashes that are formed on the skin
Remedies for Psoriasis
- Proper Diet: Modifications in the eating will be quite helpful in the treatment of psoriasis, one should start eating carefully. Many of the foods should be avoided including spicy substances, junk food, frozen foods like ice creams, carbonated drinks also have to be avoided. Food that is easily digestible by the body has to be taken. Green chillies and red chillies intake have to be avoided.
- Taking care of skin: We must avoid scathing of the skin even when it is itching. Using clean cotton to clean up the skin right after the walk, exercise etc.
- Exercise: Daily exercise for about half an hour to forty-five minutes is needed. That helps in the proper circulation of blood in the body. It also helps in stimulating the hormones Doing yoga also is quite helpful yoga asanas like trikonasana, pawanmuktasana can also be done.
- Avoid Non-veg: Non-vegetarian food has to be avoided.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Psoriasis
In the ayurvedic, there might be some impurities in the blood that might be the reason for the disease. Here are the various remedies that one has to follow to reduce psoriasis
- Flaxseeds: These are a source of high quantities of omega-3 fatty acids that do help the chemical arachidonic acid that is the reason for the inflammation. Taking it in regular quantities helps in the retention of moisture to a great extent. Take a mixer and put flaxseeds in it and it can be added to your food in good quantities.
- Turmeric: Curcumin is the dynamic fixing in turmeric and is thought to have quite a bit of healing capacities. It goes about as a cancer prevention agent, calming and ensuring the skin by killing free radicals and diminishing healing-time of the wound. Adding turmeric to a warm glass of water and drinking it can help us.
- Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma therapy includes the utilization of natural concentrates, just as an adjustment in eating habits. The treatment means to remove all the toxic substances from the body completely. A vegetarian diet is suggested during the process of this treatment.
Panchakarma includes the utilization of natural concentrates, just as an adjustment in the eating regimen. The treatment means to purge the body from all poisons. A vegan diet is suggested during the execution of this treatment.
- Aloevera and Olive oil: Aloevera this can be applied to the skin in regular intervals because it has a nice cooling effect and also helps to rid of the dry skin.
Olive oil has to be applied to them because it is very rich in omega-3 fatty acid that helps to reduce the inflammation to a great extent.
- Bitter Gourd: It has immense antioxidants in it. Also helps in the removal of harmful substances in the body. It is plentiful in nutrient A and C which helps in treating psoriasis and other skin issues. Drinking bitter gourd and lemon just after waking up early in the morning will reduce psoriasis.